1) Call your insurance company and inform them of the fire. They’ll likely send out an adjuster to survey the damage and guide you through the procedure of submitting a claim.
2) Call a Fire Restoration company. Empresas de Limpieza despues de un incendio Your insurance agent should manage to recommend someone reputable. A fire restoration company can professionally restore your home, including furniture, walls, roof, duct work, etc. They’ve the data and the expertise of knowing which process will work with each damaged item. No matter how handy you might think you’re, self-restoration can actually make things worse.
3) Locate all important documents and put them in a safe place. Locate insurance papers, birth certificates, health information, etc. Put them in a safe location in your home, where you could access them easily.
4) Take inventory of what has been damaged, what has not. There might be varying levels of damage – smoke, fire and water. Make a list of what has been damaged; your insurance company will need this. When you can, locate the receipts for every single item.
5) Change your furnace filter at least one time each day for the first number of weeks, until visible soot is fully gone from the filters.
6) Open your windows. This may help remove smoke and fire odors and ventilate your home. It will also help dry things out.
7) Cover all non-damaged furniture with a plastic cover; or consider moving them into storage until your home is fully restored.
8) Wash your clothes utilizing your regular washer. This is usually all that’s needed with clothes that do not require dry-cleaning for regular care. Consider hanging them outside instead of utilizing your dryer.
9) Dry out your carpets using fans and de-humidifiers. When you can, put them outside and lay them in the sun to dry. The longer your carpets stay wet, the more possibility of mold and mildew setting in.
10) Discard all food and drinks which have been subjected to fire, smoke or water. They’re no longer safe for consumption, including canned food. Don’t refreeze any food that’s thawed.
A fire restoration company can make the procedure easier by guiding you each step of just how, and employing their expertise to clear your home of damage due to smoke, fire and water. Count in it to really get your home back once again to normal.